Advice for newly qualified GPs
What to look for in a practice
In this next episode from Illuminating Primary Care, we cover what you need to look for in a practice.
As a newly qualified GP, you might now be looking for a practice to work at. We give you the hints and tips you need, to help provide you with extensive detail on what to look for in your first post, useful questions to ask, guidance on what level of salary and benefits to look for, and any pitfalls to avoid!
What the episode here:
View all our podcasts on YouTube, here.
What topics do we cover?
Matthew and Victoria talk you through the below topics and provide their expert advice and experience to help you to find your perfect, first practice.
- What to do before you enquire
- Making your enquiry
- What are your first impressions of a practice and why are they recruiting?
- Are you looking for partnership opportunities?
- How to know what type of GP the practice is looking for
- What are you looking for in your role and what is the team like and what are the hours like?
- What is the workload like, what else do you need to find out about the practice?
- Once the offer has been made – what you need to know
Do you want to listen to our podcast instead?
Attend our next webinar
Would you like to attend our next webinar where we will be covering this topic in more detail and give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
When and Where?
Our next live webinar will be on Monday 12th June at 2pm.
If you would like to attend, please let us know using our contact form. We will then send you a Zoom link to join.
You are more than welcome to ask us questions throughout the webinar, but if you would prefer to email us your questions, that’s fine too. You can email your questions to [email protected] and we will get back to you.
We look forward to you joining us on our next webinar!
Looking for free help and advice with finding your next role?
You’re welcome to contact us for help finding your next role in Primary Care. We have GP roles across the UK and it is free to use our services. If you would like to speak to our team, complete our contact form, here.